How to guide children so that they will be empowered, conscious and resilient?In our community learning project, emotional development comes first.
We are passionate to meet each child where it is right now without pressure or expectations where it should be according to the curve.
We believe that being anchored in the present instead of being future oriented will enable us to follow the own unique rhythm every child has.
We as educators, learning coaches, life facilitators are dedicated to continuously do our inner work so we can be the best examples for the children.
We believe that the key to great education lies in the ability to truly connect with the child.
We realize that the key for change lies in the parents and in the educators, not in the child.
We are willing to transform challenges by asking the question: “what does this say about me?”
We are dedicated to free ourselves from the myths of society that limit children to develop their authentic self.
We dare to:
We believe that every child is thirsty for knowledge, open for learning and excited about life.
We believe that creating a learning environment where their needs are being met, in which they feel whole and home, seen and safe is what will open them up for lifelong learning.
We want to make sure that these qualities are being nourished so that the child will be able to find its own voice in a noisy world.
We want to provide children with tools that we wished to have when we were young in order to empower them to build strong roots and wings to fly.
With us children are empowered to:
- work with their breath
- regulate their nervous system
- access and express their emotions
- listen to their intuition
- be vulnerable within a group
- solve conflicts in a non violent way
- develop healthy boundaries
- cultivate self love
- be their authentic self
- develop critical thinking
- solve complex problems
- finish tasks on time
- pursue their passions
- learn from each other
- develop their own entrepreneurial skills
- act responsibly and self-directed
- become lifelong learners
We believe that following the interests of each child rather than a curriculum creates an inspiring learning experience that evokes the motivation to develop their own passion projects, to stick to deadlines and to finish tasks.
We believe that lying in a hammock looking at the leaves moving in the wind or counting clouds passing by is as purposeful as reading a book or writing a letter.
We believe that meditation for kids is something they find joy in, that captures their attention, something that draws them fully into the present moment. That can also be painting, playing with hot wheel cars, knitting etc.
We believe that academic skills are crucial and a necessary basis for children to be able to pursue their passion projects. That’s why with us they receive one-on-one tutoring from trained experts.
We believe in healthy competition that evaluates each child by their own 100%.
We believe in a strong community of parents. That’w why we get together monthly in our mothers and fathers circles where we learn vulnerability within a group, how to fully show ourselves in front of others, share from the heart and offer each other support by witnessing our personal processes.
We believe that it’s crucial for the educators that work with our children to be part of these circles, to practise transparency and truthfulness and to connect with the parents as much as they connect with the children.
We believe that nature is our greatest source of inspiration and biggest teacher.
We believe that in every problem lies its own solution.
We believe that by restoring human relations we can restore the planet we inhabit.
- We will bring a kind and friendly attitude to school.
- We all - students, teachers and parents - work together in a relationship of respect, honesty and trust. We respect not only other students and teachers but also their belongings, their private information, school premises, school materials and school yard, and make sure everything stays neat and intact.
- We always listen respectfully to the teachers and fellow students. We don’t interrupt others when they are speaking.
- We always allow fellow students to participate in every activity fully without fear of ridicule or harsh judgment.
- We refrain from creating and spreading gossip and rumors.
- We know that put-downs are hurtful. That is why we always make sure not to pass judgment based on personal differences, avoid negative comments about the appearance of others and consider whether some jokes might offend someone.
- We understand that our bodies belong only to ourselves. Only I am making decisions about my body - what I am willing to do with my body and what I am not. You are making the same decisions about your body. That is why if somebody tells me that they don’t like some games or the way I am touching them, I’ll listen carefully and respect those wishes. I don’t push anything on anybody.
- We understand that ‘NO’ always means ‘NO’! And ‘STOP’ always means ‘STOP’. If I hear those words, I understand that the other person wishes me to stop what I am doing. I will respect this wish out of compassion and because I expect others to have the same respect towards me.
- We make it our intention to solve all the problems that might occur by using words only and staying friendly and calm. We don’t use ugly or offensive words, we don’t hit, we don’t push, we don’t hurt.
- We acknowledge that misunderstandings and mishaps sometimes occur. If I accidentally hurt someone with my words or actions, I will do my best to reduce the harm by apologizing and seeing how I can help.